From the manufacturer:
- CAPTUREPRO WEIGHT: 110g
- PROPLATE WEIGHT: 30g
- CLIP DIMENSION: 4.1 in (10.4 cm) x 2.05 in (5.2 cm) x 1.1 in (2.8 cm)
- WARRANTY: Lifetime
Out of the Box
The Capture pro comes with 1 plate which you’ll attach to your camera, 1 clip, which attaches to the bag/strap you want to connect the camera to, and other accessories to put it together/increase compatibility.
Since beginning to use the CapturePRO Clip, we’ve been to 5 continents. Some days the camera never left the clip, others were jam packed full of shooting opportunities. Most recently, I carried the CapturePRO and Sony A7RII on a 229km journey in the Khumbu Valley near Mt. Everest, Nepal. 18 days of backpacking fun through harsh terrain, with more back to back shooting than I have likely ever done. I don’t lab test any of my gear, I field test it, and with little signs of wear and no trouble experienced, I expect the CapturePRO to stay with me a long time.
- Nearly immediate access to the camera.
- Out of the way, while completely accessible.
- Secure, doesn’t move around or dangle by a strap.
- Audible clip when the camera locks in to place ensures that you get the correct placement.
- Camera is ‘out’ i.e. since it’s not stored away in a padded case, it is more likely to be bumped/scratched. True of any carrying method other than stowed away in a padded carrier.
- Catch can snag slightly, but this happens much less with practice.
- Depending on the backpack and weight of the camera, can cause some shoulder strap imbalance. I overcame this with how I loaded my bag.
After finally getting a CapturePRO, I can’t imagine carrying my camera any other way while wearing a backpack. You can use the CapturePRO on virtually any strap (and even attach it to a tripod or other threaded mount) , but for me personally, it’s shining light is when I’m trekking or climbing and want the camera on hand.
p.s. If you’re planning on using the CapturePRO on thicker straps such as those on backpacking packs, consider getting the longer screws that can be purchased through Peak Design, these will make sure it’s easy to load/unload the clip from the strap and prevents the threads from not having enough engagement.
In the Field
Enjoy having a newfound access to your camera, and capture those moments!